"This site contains
"But if any man undertake to write a history that has to be collected from materials gathered by observation and the reading of works not easy to be got in all places, nor written always in his own language, but many of them foreign and dispersed in other hands, for him, undoubtedly, it is in the first place and above all things most necessary to reside in some city of good note, addicted to liberal arts, and populous; where he may have plenty of all sorts of books, and upon inquiry may hear and inform himself of such particulars as, having escaped the pens of writers, are more faithfully preserved in the memories of men, lest his work be deficient in many things, even those which it can least dispense with. But for me, I live in a little town, where I am willing to continue, lest it should grow less."
"Academic Info is an online subject directory of over 25,000 hand-picked educational resources for high school and college students as well as a directory of online degree programs and admissions test preparation resources (SAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, GMAT, USMLE, TOEFL). We also offer timely news and analysis of critical events including the Iraq War, Afghanistan Reconstruction, Hurricane Katrina recovery, and the War on Terrorism."
Goes where Google stops going.
Within this magnificent library you will find online the following divisions, many of which will keep you reading and searching and busy for a very long time.
- American Memory - Consists of primary source and archival materials relating to American culture and history, more than 7 million digital items from more than 100 historical collections.
- America's Library - Stories and facts celebrate the library's 200th anniversary.
- Cataloging Directorate - Provides innovative and effective bibliographic control of the Library's collections and leadership to the library and information communities in the development of cataloging theory and practice.
- Country Studies: Area Handbook Series - A continuing series of books prepared by the Federal Research Division sponsored by the Department of the Army. This online series presently contains studies of 100 countries.
- Jefferson's Legacy - A brief hist ory of the Library of Congress and a chronology of the collections with a selected bibliography on the library.
- Library of Congress: Bicentenial Symposia - Biographies of speakers and commentators at the Frontiers of the Mind symposium.
- National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped - Administers a free library program of braille and recorded materials circulated to eligible borrowers.
- State and Local Governments - The Library of Congress reference guide and index of links to organizations representing various facets of state and local governments including bodies representing executive and legislative branches of government.
- U.S. Copyright Office Home Page - Office of public record for copyright registration and deposit of copyright material.
- World Treasures of the Library of Congress: Beginnings - Exhibition, divided into four sections: Introduction, Creating, Explaining and Ordering, and Recording the Past.
This man is very proflic . For a lot more of his work, discoveries, publications, see zahi hawass.